Homemade acne treatments are becoming more popular as money gets tight and people start to get fed up spending money on useless acne treatments that many times do not clear up their acne.
Most Homemade acne treatments are 100% natural. This means that you do not need to worry about what harmful things are in your over the counter acne treatments which can have side effects. Being 100% natural acne home treatments do not have this problem because of the natural ingredients that they use.
Many people who have changed to home acne treatments have gotten rid of their acne for good once they find an acne home treatment that works for them. That is the trick to making your own acne treatment. Because of different factors such as allergies, skin type, acne type and many other things you may need to try two or more before you find the correct treatment for you.
For example if you are allergic to eggs, you would not use a treatment that has eggs in it. Of course this means that it can take longer to get rid of your acne because of this trial and error method of finding the correct acne treatment for you. Once you have found the one that works you will never have to use a different acne treatment again.
The main thing is to allow enough time for a treatment to work. If you think you can just apply it and next day your acne will be gone, it will not work for you. Any acne treatment needs time to work.
Homemade Acne Treatment
Most of the ingredients you need should already be around your home. Below are some of the common home acne treatments.
- Oatmeal: Grind the oatmeal and then mix it with water to make a paste. Apply this paste to the area infected by acne. The oatmeal will get rid of irritation and have a calming effect.
- Cucumbers: Use the juice of a cucumber and apply it to the acne area for about 15 minutes. This will get rid of the irritants and have a calming effect on the skin.
- Yogurt: Yogurt has many vitamins and minerals that help your skin recover. It also helps to prevent infections of the area.
- Baking Soda: Make a paste using baking soda and put it on any infected areas. Let the paste dry then wash it off using clean water. If you have sensitive skin you may want to only put it on the infected area and not any other part of the body because some people find it harsh on their skin.
- Vinegar and Salt: Combing both with water can help your skin become clean of acne. Using white vinegar can cause irritation if you have sensitive skin; it is a good idea to a small sample test first.
- Lemon Juice, Egg White and Witch Hazel: Beat the eggs whites until stiff and then add drops of witch hazel and lemon juice. Apply this to the affected area for about 20 minutes and the wash it off.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera juice and gel are excellent acne treatments; many commercial treatments contain Aloe Vera. Apply the gel from the plant straight to the infected area.
- Olive Oil: Olive Oil is a natural moisturizer so it softens the skin while it heals the acne.
- Potatoes: Put a slice of potato on the affected area. This will help with the healing process and reduce skin irritation.
- Ice Cubes: Ice help close open skin pores which helps to stop the spread of infection.
These home acne treatments do not normally have side effects, even if you have sensitive skin these are normally 100% safe. One of the best things is that they are cheap and cost a lot less than over the counter acne treatments that may or may not help your acne.
Considering that homemade acne treatments do not have side effects. It is worth giving them a try, then deciding which works better for you. So if you are looking for a safe alternative to normal acne treatments then you home acne treatments are a good alternative.